Skip to main content

*A Mother's Touch* By : Cecilia Pius Ihrivbogbe


 
                     

Growing up without a mother wasn't splendid, my mother wasn't dead she just wasn't living with us, I was only 6 when I went to live with my father, my father had custody of my two older siblings (I still don't know why,maybe because he's filthy rich).

 Father really did his best to train the three of us but you know it was can never be the same as if mother was present.  I always envied my friends who had both parents living under the same roof,they didn't know what they had,they had something I never had ; a mother's touch.

I can remember back in secondary school when we talked about our families and they mentioned their  mum this and their mum that, I never really had something to talk about because mine was scarcely ever around. She missed all the PTA meetings for which sometimes I got beaten by my teachers for.

I cried on every birthday because my wish was always to have her come back but she never did.  She only came visiting once or twice a month for the twelve years they've been separated. What would five or six days in a month help to achieve in catching up on school, life and stuff?.


                       

                    





There was never enough time for all three of us, I had one thousand and one things I wanted to share with her; the guys disturbing at, school ,puberty,relationships amongst many others.  It got to a point her visits became irrelevant because we had all grown up, we were now the ones doing the visiting practically trained myself.

 I learned how to talk, act,sit and behave like a lady all by myself But hey,I don't hate mother,I love her unconditionally, my mother isn't a bad person,in fact she's a rare gem and  I love her and father equally. You know sometimes you can't change what you can't choose. You learn to live with it and by it.

This made me stronger,it brought me closer to God,it made me believe and depend more on him,it made me realize you don't always need a mother to have good upbringing. Some of my friends always had their mother around and they don't have good lives. Although a mother helps to curb those things sometimes, it isn't a necessity...

*Being good or being bad is a choice!*. You make your own choice, you're the architect of your own life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT HAPPENED TO US By: E. D. OGHRE

Is this what it has come to Is this what it has become Who would have thought so Who would have believed we will be in this form *What happened to us* I remember when we became one Who would have known this day will come What happened to the promise we made And our plans to remain one Instead it has started to fade And we have forgotten where we came from *What happened to us* What happened to love and unity What happened to peace and prosperity Instead we build division and strive And no longer value our lives We start fights and live in lies *What happened to us* I still remember our promises But now we are in pieces What happened to in health and sickness With children or in barrenness Anger or happiness What happened to i will forsake anger for your sake And follow you anywhere even into a lake *What happened to us* We said in health and sickness Wealth and wretchedness For better for worse Even though we argue and curse You will remain in my he...

America's Bounty Diplomacy By: Daud Muhammad

 In the American frontier, emergent societies functioned barely within the law and citizens had to contend with all manner of brigands. In the absence of a standard police force, self-help was key to social order. Those who could not muster enough guns and men to secure their honour or recover stolen property offered rewards (bounties) and frequently hired professional 'thieftakers' to track and bring fugitives to justice 'dead or alive'. Ironically, the thieftakers were often themselves criminals yet at large ...  Further details have emerged on the US$2,000,000 –ransom placed on Liberia's former (democratically elected) president Charles Taylor by the American government. The reward clause was allegedly 'smuggled' into a Bill for the funding of Mr. Bush's escapade in Iraq, and some Congressmen have even threatened to stop American aid to Nigeria until Taylor is handed over. The Bush administration is aware that Mr. Taylor's Nigerian exile is ...

Oĺòŕí Dèdòyíń By: Balogun Fatimah

Tall like a Lemonade tree, Her oval face caught my fancy. Her beam? It can make a furnace cold. Ońítèmí Dèdóyíń. Her colourful eyes, Like the feathers of a Peacock. Stared deep into my soul. Piercing my heart like a dagger. Her steps gives the ground, A fresh sound. Making footprints, Like a fairy Princess. Her calm nature? Is a sightly castle. Sitting gorgeously, Beside the beauteous ocean. A pest she can be, Whom you can't fumigate. But a jolly good fellow she is, Whom you would always admire. Her tiny hips, Adorned by Crystal illèkè Gave her bum, A new rhythm. The tree in Alààfíń's palace, Bowed to the fragrance, Of her scent. A stylish Olòŕí, She is perceived as. May Almighty God, Make my Queen, Live a long, And fulfilled life. *Ońìtèmí: My own* *Íllèkè: Waist bead* © *Balogun Fatimah Oluwatosin*