Skip to main content

Abode Of The Beloved By: Kabir



Oh Companion That Abode Is Unmatched, 
Where My Complete Beloved Is. 

In that Place There Is No Happiness or Unhappiness, 
No Truth or Untruth 
Neither Sin Nor Virtue. 
There Is No Day or Night, No Moon or Sun, 
There Is Radiance Without Light. 

There Is No Knowledge or Meditation 
No Repetition of Mantra or Austerities, 
Neither Speech Coming From Vedas or Books. 
Doing, Not-Doing, Holding, Leaving 
All These Are All Lost Too In This Place. 

No Home, No Homeless, Neither Outside or Inside, 
Micro and Macrocosm Are Non-Existent. 
Five Elemental Constituents and the Trinity Are Both Not There 
Witnessing Un-struck Shabad Sound is Also Not There. 

No Root or Flower, Neither Branch or Seed, 
Without a Tree Fruits are Adorning, 
Primordial Om Sound, Breath-Synchronized Soham, 
This and That - All Are Absent, The Breath Too Unknown 

Where the Beloved Is There is Utterly Nothing 
Says Kabir I Have Come To Realize. 
Whoever Sees My Indicative Sign 
Will Accomplish the Goal of Liberation.

Artwork by; Adeshomi Africanos-Williams


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Echoes of My Soul By: Similafleur

Painted their soul with my flowers. Left my prints on their canvas. Their rough lines, I made into edges Cracks I filled with my energy. I wanted them to be art. I made them my art. I gave too much. They left me empty. ©Similafleur

It’s Dangerous to use broom to mash ‘ewedu,’ Gastroenterologist warns

Using a small bunch of broomsticks, known as ijabe, to mash ewedu (mallow-leaves) is very common among Nigerians when preparing the slimy soup. However, medical experts have said that the age-old practice is actually fraught with dangers. Ewedu is also known as Rama ayoyo  among Hausa, while the Igbo call it Kerenkere. Dr. Adegboyega Akere of the Department of Medicine, University College Hospital, Ibadan, on Wednesday, advised women and caterers to desist from the practice. Akere, a Consultant Gastroenterologist, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ibadan that food handlers should always use blender for ewedu and every other ingredient used in cooking it. “They should not use broom to mash the vegetable,” he said. Akere said this is because ewedu soup that is mashed with broomsticks could still retain splinters of the broom, however minute. He said that when eaten, the splinters from the broomsticks could get trapped inside the oesophagus or the intestine. Akere ...

Painful letters By: Marvee

Every time I feel this way This terrifying kind of pain These twitchy palms and muffled sobs These weakened sights and mindless slob I would think of something To put me at ease, anything At times, to leave my world And be someone else, not a dud Often times I would write on plain sheet Write till my limbs felt weak Write till the page is covered in ink Write till the painful times shift.                                              ©-Marvee